Sunday, June 10, 2007

Heart of Denial

Undeniable Denial
Denying Denial
Undeniably.

Just say ne
not, naught
naughty
neither
never
nill
null
no
nice
negate
neglect
nihilism
nepenthe

Heartstone’s edition dedicated to
DENIAL makes me wonder about
the awesome In-Denial-Lock Ness
monster I swim in belly up like some
long-nosed Pinocchio puppet permeate
in alma matrix fluid drive, protecting
me & my Directional Navigational
Algorithms & sustaining my system
from re-moralization

It’s not the denying-I’m-mindful-of
that’s curious: I’ve got that covered.
It’s the denial-I-don’t-know-I’m-denying
that crushes me & who’s to blame? Cut
some slack you bastards & axes of evil.
No No No: it’s not ME .

Scissors

I can cut Paper all right
but not cover Rock. Rock
is beyond me. Paper cutting
is what I do. But if I cut Paper,
Paper won’t cover Rock and
Rock’ll crush me & my
running with Scissors.

Paper

I can cover Rock
—good at the cover-up—
but can’t touch Scissors and a
covered-up Rock won’t crush
the cut-up & damnit I’m going
to get sliced, divided like sand.

Rock

I’m good at smashing Oakham’s
Razors & Out-of-the-Box cutters
so he can’t make no never minding;
but then Paper is free to have her
cover-it-up ways with me & I’m
powerless to prevent it.

Primeval philosophers, toga & sandaled peripatetics,
deadly white men walking the groves of Academe
surrounded by pan-o-ramic de-construction (wars &
peace, rape & rapture, children talking back to elders,
luxury & lasciviousness seemingly out of sync with
cosmic order) would, like Penelope, unravel the weave
of moves, motives & e-motives, question everything as
well as authorities, a pre-cartesian strategy called
elenchus which, they pursued fearlessly to bring them to the
same conclusions of Scissors, Paper and Rocks gone
wild and horribly wrong:

A-PORIA

Damned if We Do & Damned if We Don’t Do.
We’re screwed royally. No exit.

Can you imagine and understand how this state-of-mind
(a-poria: no pores, no openings, no exit) was a consummation
devoutly desired by philosophical wanna-bees, realizing how
damaged & damaging it is to be alive,

running,
cutting,
covering,
crushing.

A Conviction of Original Spin: the awesome awful near
impossible seeming state of oooo myyyy gawwwwd:
Not-only-No-Denial-but No In-Denial either considered
pre-requisite to the Beginnings of the Practice of Philosophy:
(or “religion” if not collapsed, conflated & confused with
what’s already always in place)

Any state prior to A-poria is a State of In-Denial
characterized by expostulations:

Look, if we just figure THIS out we can
Get IT Right & avert disaster-in-our-terms
& make the world a better place calling for
cutters, cover-up artists & crushers
to Just Say Ne to our cutting, covering, &
crushing habitattoos of humania stopping the
cycle of reconstruction going on and on and on
damnit.

(Denial that’s
IN-Denial:
convinced
there’s a way
out of the pox.)

I say:
Just say NO to
just say no just
saying no to just
saying no.

A-Poria. In our endings is our beginnings.

xxxooo, Presbyter. ok—all this is awkward
& ungainly, offensive to the conscientious and
ridiculous to the smarty-pants. I’m just trying to
reconfigure how we address our Sustain Ability
issues, best I can & always for the sake of argument.
WIP it. Workprogram In Process.

xxxooo, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment