Thursday, August 23, 2007

Integrating the Universe



Zealous Zeal

I am sure this issue can be resolved so
that she is happy with her courses and
we do not feel like we are wasting an
incredible amount of money…

Fictive Things Wink
as they Will. Wink
most When
Widows
Wince.

“Who better than Galileo
to propound the most
stunning reversal in
perception ever to
have jarred
intelligent
thought.

We are not the center of the
universe. The immobility of
our world is an illusion. We
spin, speed through space,
circle the Sun, live on a
wandering star.

As participants in the Earth’s
activity, people cannot observe
their own rotation, which is
so deeply embedded in terrestrial
existence as to have become
insensible.” Dava Sobel,
Galileo’s Daughter

2 Chief Systems of the world.
Centric & Eccentric



Ptolemy makes sense.
Copernicus & Galileo:
not so much. Eccentricity’s
counter-intuitive to my
Centricity: me & my
original spin spinning
the center of a universe
insensible to my own
rotation so deeply
embedded in terrestrial
existence. It would take
stunning affective reversals
to salute & sign up with the
Eccentric, even knowing better.

Eccentricity is conceivable.
I believe in Brazil and many
places I haven’t seen because
every one else does & I take
it for granted.

So I can imagine I’m not center
of the universe against all felt
experience and circum-stances
not with standing surrounding
me in concentric circles round
and round: “the truth in
circuitry lies.”

I am sure this issue can be resolved so
that she is happy with her courses and
we do not feel like we are wasting an
incredible amount of money…

e-mails an anxious mother (fellow Centrist)
after a daughter weeps over her cell phone
& right smack in the middle of the universe
announces how she failed to get classes she
wanted.

It does no good to talk
some Galileo to her.

we are not the center
of the
universe:
we spin, speed thru space
circle the sun
live on a wandering star

Whatever incredible amount
of tuition will be paid, it still
takes a stunning reversal of
counter intuitive perception,
jarring my intelligent thought
to gain much comfort in my
eccentricity while heart and
soul assert in no not uncertain
terms:

I AM centric:
a jealous god
& goddess
too.


No comments:

Post a Comment