Friday, July 20, 2007

Sustaining The Vulnerability



E.D.

Engteechers
Dys-ease:
Portrait of
The Autist
as Old Dog

Dear Colleagues.

Have you re-read
since high school,
college or higher
forms of your
education any
of the stuff I
have to keep
teaching
year
after
year?

Literature.

Nothing but “the
best that has been
thought and said
in the world.”

Makes me want
to be a better
myn.

Quixotic, sure:
what I do. Or
sick, addicted
to love binging
& purging, self
mutilating; self-
immolate burning
a gemlike flame
churning a hem
locked brain like
some Vietnam
monk.

I could quit any
time I feel like it
& tempted when
it smells like team
spiritus mundi &
sounds like the fury
of cut-off tales by
a butcher's wife:
ever see such a
sight in your life?

"Gazing up into the
darkness I see my
self as a creature
driven and derided
by vanity; and my
eyes burn with
anguish &
anger."

But I drive River Road
toward the Trophy Club
& Cheddars & see golfers:
municipalities in rain &
drizzle hauling big bags
of clubs to hit small balls
down a fair way, walking
under umbrellas or even
upright, exposed &
unprotected.

“FORE,”
they cry.

Heads Up!

And I feel better about
my foolish heart & low
over head resolve to
keep keeping-on
putting-out: IT
in play.

Damaged & Damaging
of course, damnit:
Sustaining The
Vulnerability.

Compose &
Be Composed
I always say.

xxxooo, Presbyter

No comments:

Post a Comment