Monday, August 25, 2008

Pedgogies for the Depressed

Academics

My syllabus is the best part
of my courses which never
fulfill the audacity, hope,
& opportunity promised.

Students don't take them
hungry for knowledge.

I pretend so & relinquish
the paraphernalia of bondage:
cuffs, whips, feathers, threats,
cupcakes, spankings & bum
slaps that force faux
compliance fueling our
reciprocating brown gnosis
permeating punishment-&-
reward reinforced mental
studies & leadership programs.

Let's Get Real

I implore, & my syllabi seduces
them for a few weeks till the
cows come home & the
ratchet-up rigor of my
colleagues' required
mentalism kicks
up the environmental
bozone level to code red
and institutional industrialism
commandeers the time of their lives.

Keeping IT Real!

A horse of another color, I profess:
counter-tuitional!

Don't be switching in mid-stream,
I suggest strategically, tactically
careful not to impugn our practical
integrity & Culture 0f Profession-
alism; you'll thank me for it later.

But it's no use. Sphinx riddles
& rules. Not my spectacular
syllabus or ancient catcher's
mitt…

Holden

No comments:

Post a Comment