Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shared Governance II



So you didn't tell me your sister [out-law] was a sensible one.
Tell her I will assist her to get you registered if that is what it
takes. We need your obstreperousness in this election.

Colleague


Dear Colleague,

My sister-out-law calls me
moron and I can’t deny it,
damnit. Being the only
one around, I try and make
virtue of it.

“The elephant is very
like a whisk broom..”

My Position is indefensible.
Purely academic.

If accused and scolded
I have to turn the other
cheek. Both.

Not because I'm pious
& pacifist but because
defense is impossible.

Whose mind-set is
changed when already
made up? Facts, stats,

data, talking points,
reasons-why, because
and affects, flip-flops,
+/- “experience”
foreign travel, family
& familiarity with
foreign leaders former
and current church
pastors and spiritual
leaders as if voting
counted put your head
down on the desk close
your eyes and raise your
hand.

Watch:

the candidates and
the talking heads..

Put it in play.


Need we argue?

xxxooo


Dear Other Ones,

I know born-again Christians more
restrained in their evangelism than
Obama devotees wanting to get the
vote out: fundamentalists less inclined
to make a deal of creationism; Jehovah’s
witnesses & Mormon missionaries not
as insistent in their mission impossible
as the true believers in our democratic
process.

I’m just describing here. Not a judgment.

None from the McCain side around here
— pushing LIFE over Choice (as if the
two were complementary oppositions)
urging me to Just Vote -- as long as I
play for the Right Team otherwise
nevermind.

My disinterest in actually voting was
always a matter of laziness prior to now—
but is fast becoming impacted as principle.

I am not a believer in the life of the
bawdy politic.

Not taking sides: a designated driver at
a cock tail party: much to see when sober;
Jane Goodall watching the monkey business,
and I know it's All Good for Jane or what
kind of observer would she be?

Shoot me with the wolves,
Make the world a better place.
This is how I vote.

Yrs in socio-pathologic, xxxooo, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment