Friday, November 14, 2008

Sidereal

Considerata

Lyra is most noted by the parallelogram
formed by the fainter stars beta, gamma,
delta, and zeta, which can be seen with
the naked eye on clear, moonless nights.
The viewer has to use some imagination
to see the "strings" of the harp.

Always, something in Don Collins’ Physics
Photo of the Week speaks to me &
provokes.

“The problem with being provocative,”
my colleague told me: “there’s a
chance you may provoke.”

Like walking through a field or mall, sound
& flurry whelm my attention span spying
merely crows flying off cornstalks,
beaver scuttle into the Swannanoa,
bare mannequins wink through
the GAP window.

Only this and nothing more.

Clear moonless nights.
& the use of some
image-I-nation
so as to see
strings
and hear a lyrical
constellation: called Lyra.

This makes my good sense
and the rest is beyond me.

Imagination counts more
than knowledge says
Einstein don’t
you know.






_______________________________________________
Faculty-l mailing list

No comments:

Post a Comment