Monday, May 4, 2009

The Information Business

The Information Business?

Penguin Classics and Modern
Library hardbacks. Ball point
pen & wite-out technology;
portable ROYAL typewriting,
overhead projection & mimeo-
graphic distribution. Same as
it always was, techno-logic
not withstanding.

Take this down for the final.
Bring blue books. Buy them
at the campus store. I'll grade
you. See how you do.

I need a 12-step program to
get me out of my box: my
retro Fred Flatland teacher-
centered textual addiction:
my 80-minute classroom
contact hours plus alternate
Fridays, regulatory on-task-
quiz-&-exam-grade-gun-driven
-keeps-em-down- on-the-farm
-after-they've-seen-Paris
sustainable habit tattoo.

Me & My Ex Officio Auctoritas.

I don't think information is the
deal anymore. Higher power
dances on every laptop.

Post literate.
Neo oral:
twitter & tweet.
Can you hear me?
Can you see me now?

Google-Up Marshal McLuhan,
commentary on scarlet letters,
house of ushers, mitochondria,
quantum whatever, Ray Anderson ,
transformative educating, Cliff's
Notes on the Universe as well as
minute details at hand on line
24/7/365.

Oh Happy Day.

Can I agree that information is
not the problem? Go so far as
to say it's not what I know but
whether I can put it in play?

Need I argue?
Transform myself?
Catch up with my cultural lag?

I ask myself.
Argue with my self.
Sing Song of Myself.
Addicted & powerless
to re-invent it unilaterally.

xxxooo, Presbyter

No comments:

Post a Comment