Monday, July 15, 2013

Stereotypologic

Anyone Can Improve My Terms

Until being fearful (and of course full of hate) becomes
as unfashionable as bell bottoms and fearless is as
cool as tattoos and solar energy, forget about it: the
concerns re systemic racism and such like. It's not
going  to happen.


Disappear Fear? Click my magic heels & hate's gone
for Good.  Wicked witch's dead. No more biased belief
systems or home land insecurity. I'm a coward, heartless,
and got no brain but it's all right now. Click & Click. No
place like home. This is my room.

So you can name it, sure: but if you can't put it in play,

call your self a nominator. You can quote it, stick it on
your back bumper, wear it on your t-sirt, post it in FB,
no doubt. But if you can't put IT in play: call your self
a NOUN. A taxonomist, maybe.

The kind of thinking that got us into this mess can't be
the kind  that gets us out, says Albert, but he don't say
what kind it is  and what kind it might be and what kind
of thinking do I got to think-with to tell the difference
between the kind that got us  here and the kind that gets
us out. I'm waiting for Goedel or else some kind of
immaculate conception: news from beyond, storks flap
overhead hauling  bundles of un-postponed joy.


Incommensurate

It's a rip-off reduction and contamination:
incommensuration is. The damage done,
unknowingly. Criminal. A violation against
the whole. No wonder I feel ongoing guilt.
Makes good sense.

Occurs when I measure  some OTHER
system in the terms and values   of my
own. Or, say, estimate claims of science
from the values of religion or vice versa--
or, say, assess the values of process in
the terms and standards of product.  Etc.

Happens all the time and generates my
Confusion and Ignorance seeing as I can't
walk in someone else's shoes or think out
of my  bubble even if I can talk about it
a lot.

The difference between knowing something
and putting IT in play is like the difference
between position and velocity, between a
noun and a verb--theory and performance,
expostulation and arguing. Incommensurate.
Do not collapse, conflate, or confuse if you can
help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment