Thursday, December 13, 2007

Environmental Accountability





Dear Colleague(s),



Paying Attention
Costs/Benefits

Re: the economies of industrial
institutional education: I’m in
monumental debt & would
declare bankruptcy if allowed.

It may be.

My ongoing deficiency I build
up paying my efficient attention
here & there—laser focus
costing an exponential
ignore-ance.

It makes good sense:
I feel guilt all the time.
I owe plenty.

It hurts of course:
torn between
2 levers.

BodyMind may be one with
Unitarians, Universalists &
anti-Cartesian women studies
advocates but they generate
in me two incommensurate
economies.

I borrow from Peter to pay Pauline with
no sense of foreign exchange rates
regulating what it costs to do my busyness
between body & mind, heart & soul:
environmentalism on the one hand &
our environed mentality on the other.


O sages:

Standing in God's holy fire
as in the gold mosaic of a wall,
come from the holy fire, perne

in a gyre, and be the singing-
masters of my soul.
Consume my heart away;
sick with desire and
fastened to a dying
animal
It knows not what it is.
And gather me Into the artifice
of eternity.

(Yeats: slightly reconfigured to fit my screed.)

xxxooo, Presbyter

No comments:

Post a Comment