Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Communication (like weather) is Always State of the Art

Making the Whirl a Better Pace

Every utterance has
two agenda:
1) taking care of business
2) negotiating relationship

(from Steven Pinker:
The Stuff of Thought)

@@@

The autonomic system takes
care of the business of being
alive, while I sniff around for
things to do.

Power: I might could
figure how to manage
autonomics!

“Knock it off!
I’ll re- organize
that for you.”

Same with Unconscious.

“I’m running the show
now; got a problem
with THAT?”

Mood coming on?
Click-switch! Re-set
my homeostatics &
temper the words to
the shorn lamb

Repentant:

I turn my Taking Care
of Business agenda into
Negotiating Relations,
collapsing the GAP &
reducing Relationship
to TCB.

Improving communication
once and for all: my power
& glory controlling the
converse action.

Consciousness
uber alles.
Regulating.
Sustaining.

xxxooo, Presbyter

No comments:

Post a Comment