Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Over Whelmed

"We must at least confront
the issue of 'overwhelment' here."

Alma Matrix
OVER WHELM ING



whelm, from I.E. kwelp: to arch,
womb; related: matrix, hustera,
hysteria.

That’s me in the corner: hysterical.
Floating in amniotic fluid—all wet
and dreaming of absolution.
Whelmed. Overwhelmed.

A Non-Environmental issue.



overwhelmed:......... ah
can’t breathe........... .that’s
but don’t touch...........so
my hands,................... much
damnit.......................... better

I’m tempted to think the Overwhelm Problem
is personal and not a matter of social gospel
and group salvation.

But I can conceive of a Collective Kathy Acker,
say, standing for a Community Squeezing It’s
Collective Neck with it’s own on-the-one-hand
and on-the-other-hand and collectively crying

Help Help I can’t breathe,
but if you touch my hands
I’ll kick your ass.

I once (say, for example) advised a head-of-the-
required-comp program colleague: “if you dint
make it required for crying out loud, you’d reduce
your administrative problems by 50 %

“Not going to happen, Sam!”

See: right there, like

I’m squeezing my own neck
can’t breathe and yelling help
help but don’t be touching
my hands, damnit

But of course these things can’t be said, advised,
confessed without demoralization of the systemic
underlying not-to-be-questioned assumptions,
metaphors, cultural narratives, frames and the
hairs on on my chinny chin chins un-sustaining
my sustain-abilities know what I’m saying?

Whelmed!

xxxooo, Presbyter

No comments:

Post a Comment