Saturday, November 13, 2010

Local Food



             “We’re all crazy egos hungry for love.”
                         Sherwood Anderson.

Whether I am talking about  chocolate strawberries or care
for  the elderly,  e = mc squared or steep slope construction,
lead-poisoning or how-‘bout-them-heels, teaching  tip of the
week or mitochondria,  sexual awkwardness or jogging &
health-care, wellness, governance, Glenn Beck or Rachel
Maddow,  cures for cancer or Bush’s memoir, magical
realism or compassion for animals,   it’s always

see me,
hear me
touch me
feed me

what I’m actually saying, know what I’m saying?  Local
food exchange, resources, needs,  distribution. On hand or
in-sourced  from abroad: got to have it.

IT  I said:  see me hear me touch me feed me

It’s all about food & food back but can’t be said and
it’s the denial  and cover-up that generates my psychic
toxic waste and thicken my bozone layer.

Local food (also regional food or food patriotism)
or the local food movement is a "collaborative effort
to build more locally based, self-reliant food economies
one in which sustainable food production, processing,
distribution, and  consumption is integrated to enhance
the economic, environmental and social health of a
particular place"[ and is considered to be a part of the
broader sustainability movement. It is part of the concept
of local purchasing and local economies, a preference to
buy locally produced goods and services. Those who
prefer to eat locally grown/produced food sometimes
call themselves locavores or localvores

No comments:

Post a Comment