Thursday, July 25, 2013

Indecent Exposures (Vote for ME)

      

     Revelations & Small Apocalypses 

Indecent Exposure. I understand and sympathize
with, identify with and even appreciate  Anthony
Weiner's  obsessive- compulsive exposure of
himself --sexting naughty bits to unknowns--
because I've been revealing cover-ups to faculty
for over 10 years and now, my FB friends:  wait'll
they gete a load of THIS
I tell myself tap tap
tapping some naked truth--metaphorically speaking
of course,  no literalist me. SCHOOL and Be Schooled. 

In  Europe, school is called  GYMNASIUM--which
means naked training. Gold's Gym is ME.  Look all
you want. Like me, really like me. Always Room in
the Inn 
and welcome: got just the right bed. One
 size fits all. I want you to have
a good stay, have a
good stay. xxxooo Procrustes

I'm one of those who hungers after righteousness.
Powerless to prevent it. Starving. Wretch like me.
Moral Mondays not with standing. Rightousness
uber alles. I settle for nothing less. How I'm made
is all--not a choice. (Who would choose righteousness-
addiction?)

The sinners I love: got to love the sinners, nothing
move loveable than sinners--but
the sin: hate the sin!
The sin's hate-able.
Damn the sin. Damn the sin

Not only do I hunger for but I thirst after righteousness:
Better than bacon. Kittens in a basket. First tomatoes.
Or 
tomahtoes (you say). Peace  of mind. No doubt.
Shalom.

"He was, at this time, an insatiable reader, though he
did poorly in school." ...
"At this darkest stage of her life,
it must be said, she was at her feeble best
when full of
doubt and irresolvable confusion."
 

(John Gardner. STILLNESS)

15 comments:

  1. Good, good, goodie, good white devil full of hate...

    Can you help me translate this?

    The image is of a ship coming steadily across the ocean to hit land. It is fully loaded to the top with the Son of God, full of grace.

    How would you say this fully loaded without saying "to the very top", which sounds to plain. It is this very stately ship full of purpose holding the greatest and most treasured cargo.

    In German it has "an den hoechsten Bord" which would be "to the highest bord". But that does not sound like an English expression. How would you say it. Somebody wants to use my translation on a CD jacket.

    (He is our Righteousness by the way. The one you seek. As you notice, the other way is very limited.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe just say "fully loaded" and scratch "to the top." Righteousness (too bad the word has been contaminated by self-righteousness) is the goal--the aim, desire - hunger and thirst after, no doubt.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think I agree. "Fully loaded" suffices. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one wants to give the picture of the superabundance, though; the not skimping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I'll go with: "loaded to the very brim." Does that sound funny or unstately for a ship? I think it's ok. Actually, it is growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A ship is coming
    fully loaded to the very brim
    bearing the Son of God, full of grace,
    the Father's eternal Word.

    The ship is moving steadily,
    it bears a treasured freight,
    Love is its very sail,
    the Holy Ghost its mast.

    And now the anchor touches ground;
    the ship has arrived on land.
    For us, the Word becomes now flesh.
    The Son is sent, for us.

    Whoever will receive this child,
    embrace and kiss Him dearly,
    must also surely suffer with Him,
    and endure much pain and torture.

    After this, he must also die with Him,
    and rise with him spiritually,
    in this manner to inherit eternal life,
    just as happened with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tthe last 2 stanzas: the punch lines. What is the CD that this covers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very old Advent hymn. Johannes Tauler, 14th century. We always sang it all December. Haunting old melody.

    I just realized I missed a verse about Bethlehem. I am always too hasty. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are translating the hymn? For some reason I thought your were writing a poem to serve as a CD cover.
    r

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohannes Tauler (c. 1300 in Strasbourg – 15 June 1361) was a German mystic, a Catholic preacher and a theologian. A disciple of master Eckhart, he belonged to the Dominican order. Tauler was known as one of the most important Rhineland Mystics. He promoted a certain neo-platonist dimension in the Dominican spirituality of his time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will be some kind of classic CD made by people in Darmstadt, whom I don't know but I was born only 50 km from there. Anyhow, they want to include English translations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In Bethlehem He is born;
    in a stable he becomes a child.
    He gives himself as lost on our behalf.
    Let us praise Him!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ6czVdbh3Q#at=25

    Timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Contemporary performance:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tQb8pcj-aw#at=12

    ReplyDelete