Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lucy Logica. & Allen Analogical Walk Into a Bar

   All men die.                                         Grass dies
   Socrates is a man                                Men die
   Socrates dies.                                      Men are Grass


I consider myself logical, but I don't think syllogistically..
"Oh, that's logical," I say because it makes my sense,
suits my  agenda, fits into my aims  and goals &
                      measurable outcomes.   
 

"Logic is a poor model of cause and effect. I suggest it is the
attempt to deal with life in logical terms and the compulsive
nature of that attempt which produces in us the propensity
for terror when it is even hinted that such a logical approach
might break down. It is as if the tight coherence of the logical
brain even in persons who notoriously think with a great deal
of muddle-headedness, must still be [seen as ] sacrosanct."

Gregory Bateson: Mind and Nature: a Necessary Unity.

I consider my self reasonable and rational but don't think in
terms  of ratios. "This rock is hard," I say-- not  acknowledging
the relationship  between  butt  &  rock that generates hardness
like anything.. An emerging phenomena.

" You're an idiot,
" I claim.
" My cat's a Sneeze Maker".--

Me ignoring  ratios & rationality. reciprocity, the back & forth, 
mutual, co-operative relationship it takes to tango & tangle up
an  adjective,  accusation, nomination.. .

No comments:

Post a Comment