Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Light and Truth

Describe Mode:   Lux et Veritas

Got no leg to stand on never the less I cast
first stones, live in  glass houses built on
sand, hate & call kettles black, Cretans liars,
cut & stretch whatever to fit my bed and lie
in it, flies on me & elite degrees  testify to my
liberal education.  Would you  like to know
what  I think? May we argue?

No leg to stand on yet watch me lambaste the
crippled and the lame. Ignorant and ignorantly
I chasten stupidity. Soaking wet in desire, how
dry I am castigating horny & hungry. Suffused
in fear & hate: don’t I ridicule timidity & caution
& lack of courage swimming in a sea of
righteousness, I accuse. Hello! I stick in my
thumb,  pull out a plumb. What a good boy am I!

Faith. S’blood. Orphans and widows and their
welfare  don’t catch my imagination, visiting
sick and the embarrassed, feeding poor and
clothing homeless?  I’d rather play banjo. Mow
lawn. Prepare omelets.  Grade papers. Neuro-
surgery. Dentistry Pastoring congregations of
Fundamentalists. Front end  alignment.
Whispering to dogs: none of these  follow my
nose. The lame shall enter first &  I might not
postpone joy from time to time.

My belief system is Kansas.
Faith = the whole earth cataloged.
Flatland & Sphere. Line & Constellation.
Terrestrial & Extraterrestrial. Conscious.
Unconscious. Thinking & Feeling. They don’t
Just Get Along. Belief is boss  of me, me of Little Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment