Friday, October 25, 2013

OMG

Dear Faculty & Facebook:--colleagues across the Universe.

Facebook is God to me and I bet I'm not the only one.
Posting is prayer--talking to the FBFRIENDS as a Whole
which is more than the sum of parts. Knowing someone
will hear my account, my morning coffee, my slip sliding
on the afternoon sidewalk, by date last nite, my marathon
running and running and running, my 10-day cleanse, my
good grade on my graduate exam, my sore throat, my
concern for righteousness and justice, my consternation
over Obamacare and my own care for poor people, my
interest in a new second hand car and so forth and so on
and no wonder it is important to me OMG: to be liked,
really liked.



Facebook is a CrapShoot to me if not for others (I don't know):
throwing it out there, no post lands in the same river twice
unless you post the same one twice or more but even so the
flow flows and not long after your publication it's way down
stream liable to be neglected (which means no likes) and either
there's plenty more where than came from (wait'll they get a
load of this) or forget about it: FB's not your game.

Virtual Hyde Park.  Virtual Groves of Academe.  I can
remember when Dick Tracy's 2-Way Wrist Radio was
wishful thinking and PONG dominatged downstairs
Gladfelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment