Saturday, April 26, 2014

Rape Fantasies


  
Indo-European: rep – to  snatch, seize: “rape,”  “rapacious,” “rapid,”
 “rapt,” “ravish,”  “rapture” and grab-it stuff  like that.  “Surreptitious”
 as well as  “reptile”  (from Latin: to creep)  all in  the family  values:
etymological siblings.

I rape the children: me, village elder, presbytering a kind of  noetic  
circum-cision & cerebral clitorectomy  continuing institutionalized
traditions & the  industrial  constraints of alma  matrix, forcing
kidlets to do my bidness  against their natural born willy/nillies  &
double forcing them to pretend to LIKE IT, too.

yes, Yes, YES, this IS what I want, Sam, sock it to me:  I wouldn’t be
doing it on my own, not knowing what’s good for me: take my
attendance & attention efficiency span & make me learn, damnit.
Show me the syllabus.

I would show them the cunning, if  not the uncanny Liberal Art as
opposed to,  as  differentiated  from & not to be conflated,  collapsed
& confused with the  liberal arts.

Built-in tacit violence bears us away: full  of soundless, furtive fury
so sub-liminal  it looks like teen spirit, like dedication & discipline
& no  clothes line need demonstrate the surreptitious secret school
-daze rapture going on all in the family. Mum’s the  word:  can’t be
said without demoralization round here or anywhere: a cultural
relativity: relaying the relations  relatively.   

“Age is no better, hardly so well  qualified
 for an instructor as youth,  for it has not
 profited so much as it has lost. One may
 almost doubt if the wisest man has learned
anything of practical value by living.

Practically, the old have no very important
advice to give the young, their own experience
 has been so  partial, and their lives have been
 such miserable failures…” ( HD Thoreau )

Well, anyone can counter  this claim  I’m  making,  just describing
(not a  judgment: lord knows  judgment just generates resistance):
the violence of hire education; and proffer, proclaim, profess an
opinion of one’s  own.

We can argue.

It’s no go-to-the-library,  Google-it-up,  or ask-the- Davids kind of a
deal, true?  Stunning,  I hope, the accusation.   Diametrically if not
diabolically opposed to inertial status quotidians  & operating
assumptions  sufficient to put them all in play, maybe.

“What ME, raptor?  I’ll have to  take issue  if you  say that  again!
Beg to differ!”

Bring it on, then.  We can improve  my terms,   I’m sure. We can
argue:  how-it-is we do what  we do and get  away with it in this age
of exponential techno-logical industrial information over-whelming
lap-top dancing.

Or what’s a college for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment