Sunday, December 7, 2014

Being Merely Academic

Being Merely Academic

What gives me the genial presumption & unpostponed joyful
audacity to post my perspective on elephants in the room is
knowing  that any one can improve my terms: correct, elaborate,
re-frame,. tweak my controlling metaphors, expose assumptions
challenge my faux dichotomies and lines drawn in the spam—or
what’s a colleague for? Or what’s a college for? 
 
                                 @@@@@@


I  know a lot. I know about mitochondria and melancholia, particles
and waves and  Schrodinger’s cats, Hawthorne and Faulkner and
Fibonacci, Bushmen of the Kalahari and melting icebergs,  gluten
and golf and internal combustion, consummation devoutly desired
and phatic communion, supraegmental phonemes and glottal and
velar consonantal shifts. the invisible hand and Goedel’s theorem,
conspiracy theories up the  wazoo, man’s inhumanity to man, the
difference between irrationality and ratios. logic and analogic I could
go on and on  and  what I don’t know I can Google so I’m smart as
the smartest kid in class so to speak and as it were but I still have to
sleep  on the couch most every other night, knowing so  much and

smart as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment